Amazon Quick

Download Amazon Quick
A Chrome Extension which gives you a One Click access to your favorite online Megastore Amazon.com

Amazon

Monday, December 28, 2009

Nakusha of Lagi Tujhse Lagan is a real story

Paresh Rawal's TV serial, Lagi Tujhse Lagan, which shows the story of a girl Nakusha is inspired by real life story.
The serial is inspired by the story of a beautiful and gorgeous girl Nakusha whose mother makes her ugly to protect her from the unwanted attention of men.

In the process the girl gets ill-treated by everyone because she is dark and ugly. Paresh had witnessed a similar situation with a relative’s maid, when he was 13 years old.

Talking about the incident which he has translated onto the small screen, Paresh says, “I wanted to tell this story for a long time. I remember this maid who was working with a relative of mine. She was not good-looking and everyone made her life miserable because of it. She was not allowed to get married as they feared she would go away and they would have no one to work at their home. Although my relative had four daughters, they were too lazy to do housework.

I am intrigued that in our country where Lord Krishna is not fair-complexioned, why does everyone want to look fair? And why is the definition of good looks only associated with fair complexion? Being dark is one of the biggest stigmas in our country. I wanted to tell this story to the world and bounced the idea to my production partner Hemal Thakker. Although I could do nothing to help the poor maid, as I was 13 then, I now want to tell her story to the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment